Table used during President Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural
B. B. French was the Commissioner of Public Buildings in Washington D.C. when he arranged to have this iron table made circa 1863. Produced during the construction of the second dome of the U. S. Capitol, the table consists of a thin iron panel, a pillar (one of the balusters for the iron railing underneath the opening of the dome), and footing (acanthus ornament of the inner dome). The table held President Lincoln's Bible and glass of water during his second inauguration.