This foot note contained in document LJA01d002
123. For the move in 1771 and the life of a commuter, see 2 JA, Diary and Autobiography
6–11 ||(16, 17, 20, and 21 April, and 1 and 2 May)||
, 45–50 ||(22 July, 8 and 14 Aug.)||
. The office in Queen Street is described in a notice in the Boston Gazette,
22 April 1771, p. 3, col. 2: “John Adams Notifies the Removal of his Office to a Room in Queen-Street, in the House of Mr. John Gill, within a few Steps of the New Court-House, but on the opposite Side of the Street.”
Cite web page as: Founding Families: Digital Editions of the Papers of the Winthrops and the Adamses, ed.C. James Taylor. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 2007.