The Adams Papers Digital Edition is undergoing active maintenance while we work on improvements to the system. You may experience slow performance or the inability to access content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will endeavor to return to full capabilities as soon as possible.
- Descriptive List of Illustrations ix
- Introduction xxi
- 1. A Private View of Early American Diplomacy xxi.
- 2. The Family in Wartime xxviii.
- 3. Notes on Editorial Method and the Status of the Edition as a Whole xxxvii.
- Acknowledgments xliii
- Guide to Editorial Apparatus xlvi
- 1. Textual Devices xlvi.
- 2. Adams Family Code Names xlvi.
- 3. Descriptive Symbols xlvii.
- 4. Location Symbols xlviii.
- 5. Other Abbreviations and Conventional Terms xlix.
- 6. Short Titles of Works Frequently Cited l.
- Family Correspondence, April 1778–September 1780 1
- Addendum: Enclosure in James Lovell to Abigail Adams, 5 June 1779 426
Cite web page as: Founding Families: Digital Editions of the Papers of the Winthrops and the Adamses, ed.C. James Taylor. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 2014.