The Adams Papers Digital Edition is undergoing active maintenance while we work on improvements to the system. You may experience slow performance or the inability to access content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will endeavor to return to full capabilities as soon as possible.
- Descriptive List of Illustrations ix
- Introduction xv
- 1. John Adams in the Congress xv.
- 2. Notes on Editorial Method xxi.
- Acknowledgments xxiii
- Guide to Editorial Apparatus xxiv
- 1. Textual Devices xxiv.
- 2. Adams Family Code Names xxiv.
- 3. Descriptive Symbols xxv.
- 4. Location Symbols xxvi.
- 5. Other Abbreviations and Conventional Terms xxvii.
- 6. Short Titles of Works Frequently Cited xxviii.
- Papers of John Adams, May 1775–January 1776 1
Cite web page as: Founding Families: Digital Editions of the Papers of the Winthrops and the Adamses, ed.C. James Taylor. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 2014.