The Adams Papers Digital Edition is undergoing active maintenance while we work on improvements to the system. You may experience slow performance or the inability to access content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will endeavor to return to full capabilities as soon as possible.
- Descriptive List of Illustrations ix
- Introduction xv
- 1. “Weary . . . almost with my Life” xv
- 2. Adams in France xxii
- 3. Notes on Editorial Method xxxi
- Acknowledgments xxxiii
- Guide to Editorial Apparatus xxxiv
- 1. Textual Devices xxxiv
- 2. Adams Family Code Names xxxiv
- 3. Descriptive Symbols xxxv
- 4. Location Symbols xxxvi
- 5. Other Abbreviations and Conventional Terms xxxvii
- 6. Short Titles of Works Frequently Cited xxxviii
- Papers of John Adams, August 1776 – March 1778 1
Cite web page as: Founding Families: Digital Editions of the Papers of the Winthrops and the Adamses, ed.C. James Taylor. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 2014.