The Adams Papers Digital Edition is undergoing active maintenance while we work on improvements to the system. You may experience slow performance or the inability to access content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will endeavor to return to full capabilities as soon as possible.
- Descriptive List of Illustrations ix
- Introduction xiii
- 1. Perseverance in the “most glorious Cause” xiii
- 2. John Adams and his Letterbooks xxv
- 3. Notes on Editorial Method xxvii
- Acknowledgments xxix
- Guide to Editorial Apparatus xxx
- 1. Textual Devices xxx
- 2. Adams Family Code Names xxx
- 3. Descriptive Symbols xxxi
- 4. Location Symbols xxxii
- 5. Other Abbreviations and Conventional Terms xxxiii
- 6. Short Titles of Works Frequently cited xxxiv
- Papers of John Adams, September 1778 – February 1779 1
Cite web page as: Founding Families: Digital Editions of the Papers of the Winthrops and the Adamses, ed.C. James Taylor. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 2014.