Sample General Lesson using this website
Tim Castner, Nashoba Regional High School, Bolton, MA
College Prep U.S. History Diaries of the American Revolution Project
You are responsible for writing a journal comprised of three diary/journal entries based on events leading up to the American Revolution. You are going to imagine that you are living through these events and are either participating in them or observing them firsthand. Please be as creative as possible as you try to place yourself in the context of the period.
Your time period is 1763-1776 with a focus on the crisis between the Colonies and Great Britain.
Identify three events from your time period. Examples include the Stamp Act, Boston Massacre, Boston Tea Party, etc.
For each of the events that you have chosen find at least one primary source that you can use to get information about the topic.
You will create a journal comprised of three entries based on the three events from your time period or topics related to the events of your time period. Be sure to describe the event, your role in it and how it is changing your view and attitude toward Great Britain, the new United States and yourself. Your entries should reflect personal growth and a change of attitudes as you respond to the events that are unfolding during the time period.
- List of sources you plan to use for research—a minimum of 6. You MUST include the three primary sources that you are using. —Due:__________________
- Outline which indicates events you will focus on, and the key supporting evidence that you will use. —Due: _______________
- 3 type written (12 pt font) entries totaling 2-4 pages (6-12 pages total), double-spaced in length. Final Part is due: ___________________.
- Your entries should be historically accurate, descriptive and insightful (do not discuss the weather or what you had for breakfast but your role and attitude toward what is going on during the time period chosen).
- A Bibliography page in MLA format listing sources used for background information.
Worth 150 points total: 10 points for sources and 20 points for outline, 120 points for final product. Due: ____________________
PDF document of Rubric Table