Massachusetts Historical Society
Thomas Jefferson Papers: an electronic archive
Farm Book, page 127
by Thomas Jefferson


Land-Roll 1810.

as. as.
1052 3/4 Monticello. viz . 1000. patented by Peter Jefferson. 1735. July 19.
27 1/2 recd. in exchange by Th.Jefferson from Nicholas Lewis being part of acres patd. by Nichs. Merriwether
25 1/4 purchased by Th:J. from Richard Overton
1052 3/4
574 3/4 Montalto. viz. 470 1/2 part of 483. purchased by Th:J. from Edwd. Carter, the remaining 12 1/2 havg. been conveyd. to Nichs. Lewis in exchange. being parts of 9350. acres patented by John Carter Sep. 28. 1730.
40. purchased by Th J. from Thomas Wells.
61 1/4 purchased by Th:J. from Benj. Brown, &
3 by estimation, being the bed of the public road 30. f. wide. from Th:J. corner on it to its crossing of Moores's creek.
150. Tufton patented by Peter Jefferson. 1755. Sep. 10.
150. Portobello. patented by Peter Jefferson. 1740. Sep. 16.
1162 1/4 Milton viz. 728 1/4 patented by purchased by Th:J. from the representatives of Bennet Henderson.
434. patented by Bennett Henderson
1162 1/4
222 on Mc.Gehee's road & Henderson's branch patented by Th Jefferson. 1788. Apr. 12.
196. Ingraham's on the waters of Buck island creek, patented by Th:Jefferson. 1788. Apr. 12.
819 1/4 Lego. purchased by Th.J. from Thos Garth, being Edwin Hickman's fourth part of 3277 as. patented by Smith, Hickman, Graves and Clarke. 1734. May 25.
485. on the Shadwell mountain, patented by Th:Jefferson. 1789. July 23.
400. Shadwell. purchasd. by Peter Jefferson from Wm. Randolph, part of 2400 as. patd. by him 1735. July 1.
5212. in one contiguous body.
400. Pouncey's. patd. by Peter Jefferson, whereof 100. as. having been sold to Wm. Speers was repurchased from his son John Speers by Th Jefferson.
4. Limestone quarry on Plumb tree branch, purchased by Th: J. of Robert Sharpe, being part of 400. acres patented by Crawford.
66 2/3 Limestone on the waters of Hardware, an undivided sixth of 400. as. patd. by Philip Mayo 1749. Sep. 1.
5682 2/3 whereof 3574 5/12 are in St. Anne's parish.
2108 1/4 are in the parish of Fredericksville.
5682 2/3

4164 1/2 acres. Poplar Forest. viz. 2558 1/2 part of 4000. as. patd. by William Stith Mar. 5. 1747. and Sep. 10. 1755. [1441 1/2 as. the residue thereof, with 8 1/2 as. adjoining patented 2558 1/2 by Th J. Mar. 27. 1797. having been conveyed to T. M. Randolph & Martha ux.]
2558 1/2
800. as. on a branch of Buffalo creek patented by Th: Jefferson. May 23. 1797.
183. purchased of John Robertson by John Wayles.
380. purchased of a same John Robertson by John Wayles, having been patd. by Richd. Calloway, May 12 1759.
214. purchased of Daniel Robertson by John Wayles by whom they were patented Aug. 1. 1772.
29. recd. in exchange from Benj. Johnson for 32. as. of the preceeding tract by deed of
4164 1/2
157. Natural Bridge, in Rockbridge. patented by Th:J. July 5. 1774.
10,004 1/6 in the whole.
4. lots in Beverley town, Henrico. viz. No. 57. at the foot of the hill, 107. & 108. on the public road, and 151. includes the ferry landing, being the uppermost lot of town on the river.
a moiety of lot 335. in Richmond, containing 825. square yards purchased by Th:Jefferson of William Byrd. sold to P. Higginbotham.