MHS Announces New Introductory
Over the past year, the challenging economic climate has discouraged many individuals from becoming involved with organizations, such as the MHS, whose work they support. In an effort to encourage people to learn more about the Society and the history of our nation, the MHS is pleased to announce a promotional new member rate for the new year. Members who join through the end of June can take advantage of a special first-year introductory membership rate of $75. As an added incentive, new members who are recommended by an existing MHS Member or Fellow will be eligible for a reduced introductory rate of $50 for the first year. The MHS is confident these new members will want to remain involved and help the Society secure a future for our past.
MHS members receive
• invitations to four Members-only events per year;
• admittance to special behind-the-scenes tours;
• the MHS events calendar;
• @MHS, the monthly MHS e-newsletter;
• Miscellany, the Society's semi-annual print newsletter;
• Massachusetts Historical Review, the Society’s annual journal; and
• discounts on selected MHS publications.
In addition to the above tangible benefits, members have the knowledge that they are helping the MHS continue to fulfill its 215-year-old mission while remaining at the forefront of its field. Membership at the MHS sustains all of the Society’s programs and services, such as
• providing unparalleled resources to thousands of researchers each year;
• encouraging new historical scholarship through fellowships, seminars, and conferences;
• offering an extensive program of fellowships and workshops for teachers;
• publishing a range of printed and digital resources—including documentary editions, essay collections, and an annual journal;
• expanding the impact of its collections through the online display of primary sources;
• sponsoring an array of thoughtful and engaging public programs—including lectures, booksignings, and discussion series; and
• presenting captivating public exhibitions of materials from its collections and tours of its beautiful National Historic Landmark building.
By encouraging new members with this special introductory rate, the MHS hopes to further its mission to promote the history of Massachusetts and the nation. The Trustees and staff of the MHS believe that knowledge of the past can enrich our lives and inform our understanding of the problems facing the nation today. MHS Members help the Society continue to preserve and share this knowledge with others to inform the citizens of tomorrow. Join now.