Visiting the MHS During COVID-19
By entering our building, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. The health and safety of our staff and visitors is our priority. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Our exhibition galleries are open Monday through Friday, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Visit our event calendar for information on in-person programming. All researchers are encouraged to request an appointment in advance. Learn more about using the library.
COVID-19 Protocols (effective 12 May 2022)
- The MHS no longer requires proof of vaccination.
- Wear a well-fitted mask covering the nose and mouth for the duration of your visit.
- Monitor your health before entering the building. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please postpone your visit.
- Are you currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough that is not due to other known cause, chills, new loss of taste/smell, and/or difficulty breathing)?
- Have you recently had contact with anyone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Have you been in a setting where the risk of COVID-19 transmission may be high?
- Have you been asked to quarantine or self-isolate by a medical or public health professional?
Cleaning and Sanitation at 1154 Boylston Street
Our building is frequently cleaned and sanitized. Hand sanitizer is always available in public spaces. We continuously monitor our air filter and HVAC systems.